Thank you so much Danni for the nomination. You can find Danni over at _ForBooksSake. Danni has the most wonderful posts on her blog and she is a brilliant artist as well. Head over and check out what she has to say. Also, her Music Monday’s always put a smile on my face.
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started:
When I started my blog, I was in it to make money. I watched a million videos and bought a bunch of courses to show me how to make money with my blog. When I decided I wanted to blog about books, I quickly learned that the money making opportunities were nearly non-existent. However, I found that I loved writing about books. I got to know authors, and read books that I never would have seen if not for Twitter. The very first time an author contacted me to read and review their book was the most excited I’ve ever felt. I knew then that even though I wasn’t going to make a bunch of money, I found something much greater in the opportunities and friendships that have come along with blogging.
My Advice to New Bloggers:
- Getting followers and views on your blog is HARD. My advice to getting more views is to participate on social media. Even if you are new, you can garner those views through interacting with posts you like on Twitter or Instagram. Head over to Twitter and look up #bookbloggers or #bookcommunity, and respond to their posts. Just a quick comment goes a long way. Even if you don’t know them, they could be a great friend to you in the future, just from that one small comment. For example, if you see that someone is having a birthday, don’t hesitate to jump in with a birthday wish of your own. If a blogger is having a bad day, post a little note to cheer them up, offer a hug or a cute kitten meme. Interacting is the best way to get your name out there.
- If you are having trouble finding books to review look into blog tours. By signing up with a blog tour company, you can get books to review that will get your name out there. The tour hosts will promote your posts which is helpful to you as far as being seen. It is a great way for authors to see you and may even contact you for a personal review.
- Jen at Jen Rose Writes
- Julie at One Book More
- Sarah at The Book’s Whiskers
- HCNewton at The Irresponsible Reader
- May at Dreamer of Books & Coffee
- Kat at The Lily Cafe
- itsKoo at Koo’s Reviews
- Louise at Lou’s Book Stuff
- Aviaja at Readerandom
- Zoe at What’s Better Than Books
- Mani at Mani’s Book Corner
- Emma at EmmabBooks
- Becky at Becky’s Book Blog
- Sammie at The Bookwyrm’s Den
- Lu at Lu Reviews Books
And there you have it. I hope you enjoy my thoughts.